Naturally, you want to make sure to take proper care of it to get the most out of your purchase. Polyester requires special care, as it’s made from petroleum-based fibers that can melt under high temperatures. While it takes special care to clean polyester, it doesn’t take a lot of work. Please read these detailed cleaning and care directions.
- Hand wash or machine wash in COLD WATER on the gentle cycle to protect the metal grommets. Using hot water can damage or melt polyester material.
- Wash with regular laundry detergent. DO NOT USE BLEACH, which can also damage the polyester fabric and reduce its ability to repel water and mildew.
- Add one cup of white vinegar to help remove mineral deposits if you have hard water. The high mineral content in hard water causes white or crusty material to build up on the liner.
- Hang dry or dry on LOW HEAT in your dryer for about 20 minutes.
- Iron the curtain on LOW HEAT if you need to remove any wrinkles. Be extremely cautious when ironing as exposure to too much heat can burn or melt the fabric. ￼ ￼￼￼ ￼ ￼ ￼
We hope that these cleaning tips are helpful. If you ever have any questions or concerns about your Kimberly-Carr Shower curtain liner, please contact us.
Have some useful tips of your own that you would like to share? Post them on our social media pages.